Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cancer at Cape Cod

When I attended the LIVESTRONG Summit last October I had the privilege of meeting Holly Young. Holly was at our regional table where we discussed what is good and bad about our cancer expereinces and how we can improve upon the bad. Holly was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma, which is a rare form of childrens bone cancer, in 2004. She endured 26 rounds of chemotherapy. This treatment last for 1.5 yrs.

I was interested to learn that Holly and her father and looking into a possible link between cancer and radar defense system. Holly explained that they do not have proof that the radar's are causing this spike in cancer in her area, but it is something that looks to be a viable cause. She told me how hard her father was working to make it a priority for the Health Department. I admire both her and her father for trying to get answers.

I just found a link to a report that her and her father took part of back in early 2007, please view HERE.

I am always pleased when I see people from the Summit making a difference. Great job Holly!