Tuesday, February 13, 2007

LIVESTRONG Challenge - Philadelphia August 25-26, 2007

This year I will be a participant in the LIVESTRONG Challenge in Philadelphia August 25-26, 2007.

The LIVESTRONG Challenge is the Lance Armstrong Foundation's signature fundraising event. This annual series of cycling and running/walking events takes place in cities across the country, enabling anyone to support the LAF's mission to inspire and empower people affected by cancer. The Lance Armstrong Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) public charity, IRS Tax ID 74-2806618. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.

I think it is important that everyone understands what the LAF believes. Please take a few minutes to see some of the LAF’s powerful and inspiring videos.

I am setting my fundraising goal at $30,000 and my goal for recruiting team members is 10 members. I look forward to the challenges with fundraising and my training for the ride. I am not just fundraising and participating, but I also lead by example. I started by donating $1,250.

I ask everyone to please support me as I make a difference in the battle against cancer with my participation in the LIVESTRONG Challenge, which benefits the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Any amount ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100 or more) will be greatly appreciated.

To MAKE A DONATION IN MY NAME go to: Fundraising Headquarters of Brian Dowd

To JOIN MY TEAM go to: Team Page of Down One

The team name “DOWN ONE” is adding humor to my own situation. As I have blogged in the past I am a testicular cancer survivor. My surgery, called radical inguinal orchiectomy, removed my right testicle. Thus, I am DOWN ONE. Though cancer is not a laughing matter some of us like to add humor to the situation and lighten the mood. I might be DOWN ONE, but I have not lost my humor and I LIVESTRONG!