Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Please join my team in the LIVESTRONG Challenge Philadelphia 2007


Please join my team to walk or ride in the LIVESTRONG Challenge. The LIVESTRONG Challenge is the Lance Armstrong Foundation’s signature fundraising event. The 2007 Challenge will take place in Philadelphia, Pa. on Aug. 25-26.

I have set a goal to get 9 other members to join my team “DOWN ONE”. I would like to fill all 9 spots and then recruit more people. DOWN ONE is a humorous way of expressing my own personal experience with testicular cancer. I may be down one, but I know how to keep a sense of humor and LIVESTRONG. I am looking to my family and friends to help recruit people to the DOWN ONE team.

To join our team: http://philly07.livestrong.org/downone

All participants must pay $50 at the time of registration. Riders must raise an additional $250 to participate. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied during the event by a parent or legal guardian who is also a registered participant and agrees to the fundraising commitment. If you choose to participate in the ride, you will need to raise a minimum of $250 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

There is one walk/run event that is 5K (3.1 m) and then there are bike events for 10, 40, 70 or 100 miles. I have signed up for the 40 mile bike ride. The team members can do whatever event they want. I would like to have some daring individuals join me on the 40 mile ride, but doing the walk is also a good event.

If you do not want to join the team, but you are willing to make a donation I ask that you please make the donation on line: http://philly07.livestrong.org/bdowd

Thank you in advance for your support and generosity.

LIVERSTRONG!