Monday, February 5, 2007

Watching TV yesterday

I was watching TV yesterday a few hours before the Super Bowl and I watched a segment on former San Francisco 49ers coach Bill Walsh. For those of you who do not know, Bill Walsh has Leukemia. It was a touching piece on how Mr. Walsh is “working his way through it.” It highlighted his ups and downs, but stressed on how he goes along his daily business by working and dealing with cancer.

Coach Walsh has touched so many people in the NFL and has a coaching tree that is unmatched. I must admit growing up I was not a 49ers fan and they beat up my Dolphins pretty bad in Super Bowl XIX, but as I grew older I also grew to admire coach Walsh and his success. All of his players and coaches speak volumes of the type of man he is. He changed so many peoples lives over the years. Now cancer has changed his.

Cancer does not care if you are one of the greatest coaches in all of sports. It changes your life forever and it is up to the person affected by cancer to keep a positive attitude. You can tell coach Walsh has a positive attitude and is not letting cancer take control of his life. He continues to live his life. I like his atittude, you just need to work your way through it!