Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ride for the Roses Fundraising

I am heading down to Austin, Texas October 24-26 to participate in the Ride for the Roses weekend again this year. Last year I walked in honor of my grandfather while he was in hospice and he passed away less than 24 hours after I returned home. This year I will do it again and I will also be honoring the near 12 million cancer survivors fighting cancer in the USA.

1.4 million Americans are expected to be diagnosed with cancer this year. 560,000 Americans are expected to die from cancer this year, or more than 1,500 per day. Nearly 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will develop cancer during their lifetime. Cancer is already the #1 cause of death of those under the age of 85.

I WILL NOT SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING! I do not plan on being a statistic. I plan on make a difference and helping those who need our assistance.

Please support my participation in the Ride for the Roses weekend by making a donation http://philly08.livestrong.org/bdowd which will benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation, http://www.livestrong.org.

Since February I have raise over $16,200 and my goal for 2008 is $20,000. Please help me reach this goal. If you have already donated please share this with your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued support and generosity!