Friday, August 22, 2008

Here we come Blue Bell, PA - Home of the 2008 Philadelphia LIVESTRONG Challenge

This weekend is the big event. Kristy, Caroline, Annabelle and I will be heading out to Blue Bell, PA tomorrow early afternoon to get registered and check-in at the hotel. It is funny how 8 months of fundraising (training for others) lead up to this. I consider this weekend as a time to celebrate our fundraising accomplishments and survivorship while honoring those we have lost to cancer.

Tomorrow nights fundraiser appreciation dinner should be a great LAF event. It will be held at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, PA. They will have 3 speakers at this event: Lance Armstrong Foundation President and CEO Doug Ulman, President and Founder of The Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Dr. Harold Freeman and 7 time Tour de France winner and LAF Chairman and Founder Lance Armstrong. They will have a dinner and silent auction. During the evening they will also give out awards for individual and team honors. The dinner is also a great opportunity to meet new people and see some friends.

I will have Kristy with me and our close friends John and Mary Kate. They will be able to experience their first LAF dinner event which I believe will further show WHY I do what I do. It is this type of event that really sends a message so I am thoroughly grateful that John and MK can join us.

We look forward to a great day Sunday. If the readers of this blog plan on being at the Philly Challenge keep a look out for Team Down One members.

By the way, to date I have raised $14,805 and my team has raised $20,280. YEAH!

LIVESTRONG!