Monday, July 21, 2008

Testing Day

I got up this morning as I always do on testing day, EARLY. I woke up at 5:00AM and stayed in bed for the 50 minutes trying to go back to sleep. I guess the fact that I am getting my CT scans and ultrasound today was sitting in the back of my mind. I try to say I do not think about it, but the reality is I do think about it. I do not go crazy over it, but it is there and will not go away.

As I was in bed I had to adjust my LIVESTRONG wristband as it was twisted from last nights sleep. I realized that I have not taken this wristband off since November 2006. I put it on shortly after the inaugural LIVESTRONG Summit and it has been there ever since. It servers as a reminder that I am a cancer survivor and it shows my support for an organization that changed my life, the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

This past weekend Kristy and I were talking about tattoos. For the last few months I have been thinking about getting one. Something related to being a survivor. Kristy joked and said I should get the wristband tattooed since I wear it everyday. I actually have seen this on someones blog in the past, but that is not for me. I will not rush into it and I will certainly make sure that when I do get on it will be something I want on me for the rest of my life.

As I do every morning before my tests I put on my NIKE AIR PEGASUS LIVESTRONG sneakers. I know it sounds stupid, but I always put on my LIVESTRONG gear before the tests. Let's just say I feel better wearing my LIVESTRONG gear.

As it looks now, I will get my tests done today 2:00PM and should know by EOD tomorrow the results. If I do not hear from my docotor by 2PM tomorrow I will call them. Like I said, I try to say I do not think about it, but I will not stop thinking about it until the results are in. Hoping for NED - No Evidence of Disease!

LIVESTRONG!