Wednesday, July 16, 2008

MY OBLIGATION TO LEAD THE FIGHT AGAINST CANCER

Dear Friends,

We are all affected by cancer in one way or another. June 2, 2006 is when my life changed forever. That is when I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Since that day I have made it my mission to do everything I can to help fight cancer. Being a cancer survivor it is my obligation to lead the fight against cancer.

I am participating in the LIVESTRONG Challenge Philadelphia on August 24th. The LIVESTRONG Challenge is the Lance Armstrong Foundation's signature fundraising event inspired by hope, courage and the perseverance of the nearly 12 million Americans affected by cancer. We take to the streets on bicycles and on our feet, uniting individuals to stand together to fight cancer.

I will participate in the 5K walk/run and my personal fundraising goal is to raise $20,000. As of today I have raised $11,380. Last year I was able to raise over $16,600 and was invited by the Lance Armstrong Foundation to participate in the Austin, TX Ride for the Roses weekend as one of their top fundraisers.

Please sponsor me as I participate in the 2008 LIVESTRONG Challenge Philadelphia to support the LAF. You can make a secure donation online at http://teamdownone.com/ and click the DONATE button. The Lance Armstrong Foundation Events Tax ID number is 20-4232365. If you would like to mail in a donation please make the check out to “Lance Armstrong Foundation Events” and in memo area of the check please write: “Brian Dowd 135306332”. Mail to: Lance Armstrong Foundation Events - National Mail Processing Center - P.O. Box 6002 - Albert Lea, MN 56007-6002

If you are interested in participating in the LIVESTRONG Challenge you can join my team, Team Down One, at http://teamdownone.com/ by clicking the REGISTER button. We have raised over $34,000 for the LAF in the last 16 months. To join the team you will need to pay the $50 registration fee. People who select to walk or run the 5K are not required to raise funds after registration, but we do encourage you to raise more and help raise awareness. Those that select to cycle the 10, 40, 70 or 100 mile ride are required to raise a minimum of $250, which is on top of their $50 registration fee.

Let’s work together to beat cancer. THANK YOU in advance for your support and generosity!

Sincerely,

Brian Dowd
Founder, Team DOWN ONE
bdowd@teamdownone.com
http://teamdownone.com/