Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Jimmy V Basketball Classic

This week I have been reminded of a great man, Jim Valvano. A hero to me and many other cancer survivors. I used to watch Jimmy on ESPN during college basketball and grew to admire him for his coaching and analysis.

This week the Jimmy V Basketball Classic has been on TV and I have been having fun watching the games and hearing how much the Jimmy V foundation is doing in the fight against cancer. I have always been a fan of Jimmy's good friend Dick Vitale. He has spent the last 14 years honoring Jimmy V. by leading the fight against cancer. He isn't "taking a TO BABY." He is non-stop and has done so much to help us beat cancer and for that I am forever grateful to him.

I still remember being a senior in high school when I watched Jimmy V. make what is now known as one of the most inspiring speeches of all-time. Please take the time to view the entire speech. I can assure you that you will be inspired.