Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Too Sexy For My Hair - Lori's Cancer Blog

In the beginning of the year, when I started blogging I also became an avid reader of many cancer related blogs. One of them was too sexy for my hair - a blog by cancer survivor Lori Miller. I have not read her blog for a few months as she stopped writing. I knew she was probably fighting cancer, but I did not know how bad it was.

This morning I was reading Ryan's Blog and found out the news. On October 27th Lori Miller passed away. Lori's husband, Cary, wrote a note to all of the readers of too sexy for my hair. He wrote:
"In the end, my dear wife beat her disease by simply leaving it behind––in
the words of a beloved friend and teacher, her body couldn't hold her down
any longer."

"For Lori, the pain and fear have subsided now, and in that I take
great comfort."

When someone dies we have a run of emotions. I often see people feel relief/comfort that their loved one is no longer suffering. That is exactly how I felt when my gradffather recently passed away. We all feel sad too! It sucks, but we have to keep living and never forget those we lose.

I highly recommend reading Lori's blog. She shared her experiences on some issues most people would never tell anyone. You can tell she wanted people to share in her experiences and learn along the way. Hopefully Cary will keep the blog up as I know it will make a difference in other cancer survivors lives.

Thank you for letting us share in your journey Lori!

- Brian Dowd