Monday, May 21, 2007

Personal and Team DOWN ONE Fundraising Status

Over the last few months I have been on an email campaign asking family and friends to help support me as I ride in the LIVESTRONG Challenge. I call this Phase I of my fundraising. My overall goal is $30,000, but my Phase I goal is $5,000. This is my personal and team goal. Well I have gotten over $4,100 donated on my page and collectively Team DOWN ONE has surpassed $6,000. This is great news! We are officially a head of were we wanted to be.

Recently we had two guys join the team and they made it FUN. They decided to add a little spice to their fundraising and started a competition to see who can reach $2,500 first. This was 2-3 days ago and they are combined over $1,800. Regardless of who gets to $2,500 first – they are doing a terrific job raising money and helping the team reach our goals. Way to go Eric and Mark – keep you the great work!

My wife – Kristy -and I are working to get donated items that will be auctioned off August 11, 2007 at the Bayville Elks Lodge in Bayville, NJ 08721. On this night we will have a dinner, auction, 50/50 and entertainment.

Kristy is doing an outstanding job reaching out to all the local businesses in our area. She has already lined up a few items – 15 throw rugs (12x22), teeth whitening kit ($525 value), Salon/Spa gift certificate, jewelry and much more. All of it is credited to my wife – she is doing this while I have been traveling the last 3 weeks. She is heading up this effort and doing an outstanding job - man she knows a lot of people!

I have been able to line up a pair of tickets to a Mets vs Phillies game, pair of tickets to a NY Giants game, tickets to the House of Blues concerts and I have talked to people at the NJ Nets, Lakewood BlueClaws and other sports teams to line up a few items. Glad to report we are making great progress.

We have also lined up a 2nd dinner event to be held July 28, 2007 in Bergen County. We are still working on the details, but this will be a Beef Steak Dinner. My friends in the Rutherford area and leading the planning of it. After I get back to NJ I will go see them and plan out the details.

I am very pleased with our progress in all areas. There is a lot of work to be done, but I know with the help of my wife and friends we will exceed our goal of $30,000 and we will have two great events.

LIVESTRONG!