Monday, March 12, 2007

Luckiest man in the world

On February 28th at 2:59AM (EST) my wife, Kristy, and I welcomed Annabelle Grace Dowd into this world and our family.



The entire process is amazing starting with the pregnancy, giving birth and then going home as a family. I feel like the luckiest man in the world. I have a wonderful wife and two beautiful & healthy daughters – Caroline (3) and Annabelle. It was only 9 months ago I felt like I had the worst luck.

As I have blogged in the past….June 2, 2006 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. If it were not for my daughter Caroline jumping into bed with my wife, Kristy, and I back in May 2006 I might not have found out I had cancer. That night Caroline kicked me in the groin which caused a discomfort for a week and forced me to check my self (self-exam) and that is when I found a lump on my right testicle. From that point on there were a lot of doctor’s visits and treatments.

Post surgery and before my radiation treatment Kristy and I found out she was pregnant with our second daughter, Annabelle. If we would have waited a few weeks we would not have had Annabelle due to the radiation treatment.

Annabelle is a MIRACLE and Caroline is my little ANGEL.

I believe everything happens for a reason. That is why I feel like the luckiest man in the world.

LIVESTRONG!