Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fundraising for 2008 Philly LIVESTRONG Challenge

I was sent some interesting fundraising data by a fellow Philadelphia LIVESTRONG Challenge participant. Some people have too much time on their hands ;-) They sent an excel file and even had graphs.

Philly 2008 stats as of today:
  • 386 teams signed up
  • Team Down One ranks #16 in terms of total funds raised to date with
    $18,025
  • I rank #8 on the individual list with $14,555

I thought it was interesting to see how we are doing this year. I am sure numbers will change during the next 12 days and I hope everyone starts getting out there and raising more money. I have started my final push before the Philly Challenge and in the last week I was able to raise $1,175 and I am confident a few hundred more will be rolling in shortly.

The friends, coworkers and vendors have really stepped up this year. As I have said in the past, people have blown me away with their generosity and support. During such hard economic times they have continued their support of the Lance Armstrong Foundation and Team Down One. I feel fortunate to know such generous and supportive people! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

One piece of advice to people who want to fundraise - NEVER BE AFRAID TO ASK! People will surprise you.

LIVESTRONG!