Saturday, July 12, 2008

Have A Ball Foundation - Bob Hammer

One of the first things I did last year when starting my fundraising was to network with people who are considered leaders in cancer fundraising. I am talking about everyday people like you and me. I reached out to Bob Hammer after reading about him online. Bob is the founder fo the Have A Ball Foundation. Last year Bob gave me some great advice on how to start off and even offered to join up our fundraising in the future. He is an all around great person, husband and father. Read this recent article on Bob's foundation. This year their one day golf outing event raised over $185,000 ($75,000 of this is going to the LAF.)

Check out this video of the LIVESTRONG Challenge San Jose Tribute. At the 1 minute and 30 second mark you will see a picture of Bob's two kids. His son Josh (on the left) was a true miracle. Read about it here.

We need more people like Bob to help raise awareness and funds.

LIVESTRONG!