Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cancelled Caroline’s Surgery

Well the last 48 hours have been a bit tough on me and Kristy. We have been torn between getting Caroline’s adenoids removed or waiting to see how she does going into the new month. For the last few years she is fine starting May-Sept so we really would not see the results of the surgery until late September or October. This was a tuff call!

We decided to not get the surgery and monitor the situation. I just have a bad feeling about it which is hard to explain. I am not a pessimist, but something is just not right. Call it instinct or stupid, but I did not want her to get the surgery.

I do want to point out that I think her doctor has the right idea and was very detailed in explaining WHY she should get the surgery. I agree with his entire reasoning. Medicate the issue first, which we have for 1.5-2 years. If that does not work go the surgical route. A few days ago I said getting the surgery was the right decision and I am not saying it is wrong, but I have a strange feeling that we should not do it and give it some more time. We will see how things go!

I am just thankful I do not have to sit and worry about this tomorrow. I thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement and support.

Now I can start looking forward to the Myrtle Beach, SC golf trip May 14th. Look out the “Crazy Ball Whacker Guy” is coming!