Through an application process, the Lance Armstrong Foundation will identify 1,000 current and potential leaders who are willing to champion the cause in their communities. The 1000 delegates will select one of three concurrent tracks to attend sessions that that best suit their interests: Grassroots & Advocacy, Grassroots & Elections or Grassroots & Fundraising.
Anyone affected by cancer – from those recently diagnosed through post-treatment, to caregivers, family and friends – is encouraged to apply to attend the LIVESTRONG Summit. Apply today – because once we have identified our 1,000 delegates, the application will close!
The Foundation will offer travel scholarships for delegates in need of financial assistance. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance and scholarship status by May 9th.
Pass this information along to any friends and you family you think might be interested.
There is a scholarship application if you need it!
The scholarship application will not be a factor in your LIVESTRONG Summit application evaluation and applying for a scholarship will not affect your chances of being selected to attend the LIVESTRONG Summit. The scholarship will cover travel and accommodations. However, you will be required to pay a lower registration fee of $50. (An individual attending on behalf an organization will be required to pay the complete registration fee of $125). If accepted, you will be notified no later than May 9, 2008.
To be considered for a scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a cancer survivor (i.e. survivor, caregiver, family member, friend, know someone with cancer) and/or a professional who works with cancer survivors.
- You must disclose your annual household income range.
- If you provide for yourself only, income must not exceed $49,999.
- If you provide for your family and/or live in combined income household, income must not exceed $74,999.
- You must reside in the U.S.
- You must answer fully all questions that are on the application.
I encourage you to apply today! (www.livestrong.org/summit)