Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Family Support

I got up early today to take Caroline to get a CT scan of her head. She has reoccurring issues with her sinuses and we need to make sure that there are no surprises. It has been over 13-14 months that she has issues with her sinuses so her doctor recommended the CT.

Caroline was a very good girl and I am extremely proud of her. No kid should have to go through the testing. I guess her past experience getting to X-rays of her chest prepared her. She was a little nervous to start, but after I took the trial run for her and the nurse told her I can stay in the room and hold her hand she was good to go.

It took all of 2 minutes and she was done. She do not move and started to laugh a little because I was making faces at her after it was over. She is one brave kid! I like to think she gets that from me and Kristy. We have faced a lot of adversity over the last 2 years and we made are way through it. We do not sit around feeling sorry for ourselves. We deal with it and get through it as a family.

Today is definitely one of those days. There is an unknown with Caroline and her situation which is our #1 priority. I believe it will end up being OK, but we will let the doctor tell us.

Then there is my situation. I go to the Cancer Institute of New Jersey today to see Dr. Weiss. I have everything ready and will make sure not to forget anything. It is unclear as to what is next. Will he be able to tell me what I have? Will I have to get more tests? We have to wait until the 2:30PM appointment to get us the answers we need, but like any other period of unknown we have faced in the past we will get through it.

After all, I have a great support system with Kristy, Caroline, Annabelle and my entire family & friends.

LIVESTRONG!

~ Brian Dowd