Thursday, July 5, 2007

Team DOWN ONE WEBSITE & EVENTS

Over the last few weeks I have been busy at work, home and building a website for Team DOWN ONE. Well, I am glad to say I finally got it up and running. There will be more enhancements coming, but it looks good.

Please visit: http://teamdownone.com and sign the guestbook. Let me know what you think. Team DOWN ONE also announced our two core fundraising events. Tickets are on sale now for our Beef Steak & Comedy Show in Lodi. Tickets to our Dinner and Silent Auction in Bayville, NJ will go on sale July 11th. FREE LIVESTRONG wristband for the Bayville event (max capacity 220) and the first 250 people for the Lodi event. If you are interested email teamevents@teamdownone.com or call me (732) 773-8272.

Our silent auction is getting items in daily. People, businesses and organizations have been extremely generous. To date we have lined up the following items.

Mets vs. Phillies (2) tickets, Mets home game TBD (4) tickets, Minnesota Vikings vs. NY Giants (2) tickets, Trenton Thunder tickets for 2008 (TBD), NY Jets gym bag, 2006-2007 team guide, t-shirt, key chains, NY Giants TBD items, WWE t-shirts, DVDs, hats, NJ Nets team guide signed by All-Star Vince Carter, Area Carpet (Rug), Teeth Whitening Session ($525 value), $150 gift certificate for dinner at Caesars AC, Buffet for 2 at Taj Mahal, Dinner (2) at Real Mex Restaurants (Chevy's), COACH Purse ($225 value) and more.

We also have a list of theme baskets which is growing daily.

SUMMER MEMORIES, BATH & BODY, WHO LOVES CHOCOLATE, DOG LOVERS, AT THE CAR WASH, WINE LOVERS, LET'S GO FISHING, GARDENERS, WHO LOVES COFFEE, SOCCER LOVERS, MOVIE NIGHT, WHO LOVES ICE CREAM and much more.

It looks like we are going to have two very successful events. I truly am amazed how generous people have been and I cannot thank them enough. The Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) means a lot to so many. I cannot wait to get the events underway so we can help spread the word on what the LAF is doing. At each event I will be running a table which I will share information on the LAF, their mission, manifesto, support, advocacy and how people can get involved. I will also be speaking at each event on my personal experience with cancer and my experience with the LAF.

There is still a ton of work to do for the auction so there is no break for my wife and I. We still need to reach out to a bunch of local businesses, etc. My wife and I have a lot of work, but we are up to the challenge.

By the way - I saw Team DOWN ONE is in the TOP 12 fundraising teams for the Challenge. That is great news! Hopefully we can move up with more donations and the two events.

I look forward to sharing more good news soon.

LIVESTRONG!